University Of California Articulation Agreement

The system-wide transmission unit within the UC Office of the President (UCOP) is checking California Community College courses to determine basic portability at UC. Each UC campus uses information in transferable course agreements to develop campus-specific articulation agreements with California community colleges. These campus-specific agreements allow future transfer students to prepare for the transition to UC while enrolling in a community college. ASSIST is an online student transfer information system that shows how course credits obtained at one California public college or university can be applied when transferred to another. ASSIST is the official repository of articulation agreements for California public colleges and universities and provides the most accurate and up-to-date information on transferable course work in California. To get an idea of courses that can be transferred from four-year institutions and two-year non-governmental colleges, refer to the general catalogue for each UC campus or a transfer path agreement (TCA) that UC has with any college in California. Access information from the UC campus and articulation contacts. UC articulation analysts check the submitted material, and then we send an electronic notification to Community College and each UC campus. The updated TCA will be published on ASSIST. Explore transfer agreements by source or destination. Choose and follow you to save lessons, fees and time until you graduate. The Main Preparation Agreements define community university courses that meet the requirements of the majors at each UC campus. Each year, we speak to the head of the articulation of each Community College in California to ask for help in updating the CAW.

We send general information on the articulation process, a copy of the Community College`s recent articulation agreement and specific instructions for verification and updating of the agreement. Community colleges send us their latest catalogue and a list of new courses (including courses) for review. The Transfer Joint Unit maintains current and historical lists of articulation courses with public community colleges. You can most easily access your community college`s CAW on ASSIST. Campus articulation officers are liaison officers between community college articulation officers and UC deans. Learn the basics of UC`s system and campus articulation. Current course agreements indicate courses in the college community that are comparable or “acceptable” with the corresponding courses on a given UC campus. General Agreements on Large-scale Education and Training General Agreements on large-scale education and training define community courses that can be used to meet the general educational and breadth requirements of some higher education institutions and schools on a given UC campus. Although the UC does not have formal pre-approved agreements on transferable courses outside the California university system, general units or credits from a regionally accredited university or university are transferable when a course is offered on a UC campus.

If a course that does not correspond to a particular UC course must be appropriate to obtain a UC degree in terms of purpose, size and depth. UC has transferable Course Agreements (TCA) with all California community colleges. These agreements define the courses we get to get a bachelor`s degree. All California community colleges also have agreements with UC campuses that determine which transferable courses can be used to meet various types of general/width education and important preparation requirements. These agreements were designed to ensure continuity in students` university programs.